The following is the list of subjects offered at Cambridge High School.
Afrikaans (1st Additional Language)
Computer Application Technology
Engineering Graphics & Design
English (Home Language)
IsiXhosa (1st Additional Language)
Please note the following:
- The following subjects offered at Cambridge are acceptable for degree studies (university entry):
Accounting, Business Studies, Computer Application Technology, Consumer Studies, Dramatic Arts, Economics, Engineering Graphics and Design, Geography, History, Languages, Life Sciences, Mathematics, Mathematical Literacy, Music, Physical Science, Tourism and Visual Art
- Minimum percentages required:
- For degree studies: 50% in four of the subjects listed above
- For diploma studies: 40% in any National Senior Certificate subjects
- For certificate studies: No minimum percentages required. The candidate must merely obtain the National Senior Certificate
- For promotion: Home Language (English): 40%
Two more subjects: 40%
Three other subjects: 30%
Click below image to download your copy of the stationery and text book requirements for 2021
There are three awards which may be obtained:
7.1 Subject Award.
7.2 Merit Award.
7.3 Aloe Award.
All these awards are based on marks obtained in examinations.
The Subject and Merit Awards are made every 6 months, i.e. after the May and December examinations.
The Aloe Award is only made on the December results.
Two Aloes entitles the recipient to Half Colours.
Three Aloes or more entitles the recipient to Colours (names appear on the special board in the foyer).
Test and Exam Timetable
Click the below image to deonload your copy of the test and exam timetables for 2021.